In celebration of our 20th anniversary, please consider a $20 donation to support First Descents and extend the healing power of adventure to young adults impacted by cancer and other serious health conditions.
● Breakfast: cold breakfast for early risers- fresh fruit, smoothies, whole grain breads & spreads, granola, good coffee and tea – hot breakfast before activities
● Lunch: usually packed and taken to the activity location – a full spread for making your own wraps and sandwiches including veggie and meat options, fresh fruit and snacks
● ‘Happy Hour’: healthy snacks before dinner
● Dinner: a full hot meal to be enjoyed all together
● Healthy hydration options
● MS Programs: our programs for young adults living with MS adopt and use elements of the Wahl’s Protocol and a Paleo diet.
● Menus are based on a whole foods approach to cooking, emphasizing plant-based meals with adequate options for quality animal protein
● Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, beans, peas, nuts and seeds
● Quality organic animal proteins
● Healthy sweet treats (it’s all about balance!)
● Locally sourced, seasonal and organic wherever possible
● Healthy cooking techniques
● Adequate calories for high levels of activity
● A passion and dedication to bringing health and nutrition education to cancer survivors and caregivers
● Willingness to help educate about diet and lifestyle changes: ability to do this in an inviting, inspiring and nonjudgmental way
● Experience in preparing food for specialized diets to include vegetarian, vegan, allergies and dietary restrictions
● Open to communication about meeting dietary needs for the duration of the program and answering any questions about the foods we are preparing
● Amazing food made with lots of love in an open and inviting kitchen…feel free to chat with us while we work!