FIRST DESCENTS MS PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
At First Descents (FD), we pride ourselves on our ability to adapt to a wide range of different physical abilities and backgrounds. We also strive to create the safest and most healing environment possible for everyone! FD programs are exciting but can also be challenging. Please come prepared to travel, spend time in a group setting and time outside. FD MS Participant Eligibility Criteria are outlined below.
MS Program Eligibility Criteria
- In an effort to serve the young adult community, participants must have been diagnosed with MS between the ages of 15 to 39 and currently be between the ages of 18-45.
- Participants must be able to perform independent daily self-care.
- Participants must be able to travel to/from and attend a program without the assistance of a caregiver.
- Participants must be able to participate independently in moderately challenging outdoor activities.
- Finding ADA compliant lodges to accommodate a group of our size can be challenging. We do our best to find suitable lodging that has plenty of bathrooms and single-occupancy rooms. At some lodges, Participants may need to walk up and down stairs. If you have any questions about the lodge at your respective program, please reach out to the Program Team directly.
- Participants agree to adhere to their prescription drug schedule and dosage at all times while on a Program.
- If a Participant struggles with heat sensitivity and fatigue, FD can provide some cooling vests, which are available upon request. Participants are encouraged to bring any additional clothing/resources they know might help them mitigate and manage symptoms.