Support HERO RECHARGE and Extend the Healing Power of Adventure to Frontline Healthcare Workers
-Use the First Descents packing list you received as a guide for your adventure preparation.
-Checking a bag? Try to keep it under 50 lbs. to avoid extra fees
-Your carry on bag: (must fit in overhead bin or under seat in front of you. Check specific airline for requirements to also avoid fees.)
-Have extra change of clothes
-Any liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes you bring in your carry-on bag must all fit inside a quart sized Ziploc bag.
-Medications – its is a good idea to have your medications in your carry on. Check out this link to the TSA Travel Tips about traveling with medication
-Have the contact information for your FD Lead Staff saved in your cell phone – incase of any travel delays.
-Check In – with one of the following options using the itinerary confirmation number you received from the airline
– Online – 24 hrs.’ before your flight
– At the airport, airline kiosk
– At the airport, airline counter
-Be Early! Arrive to the airport 2 hrs.’ before your flight.
-Have your I.D./Passport
– Use the First Descents packing list you received as a guide for your adventure preparation.
– Make sure you have the address for the lodge – ask your program coordinator
– Use Google Maps to determine the best route
– Get Plenty of sleep the night before you drive
– Snacks and water are a good idea to bring along
– Have the contact information for your FD Lead Staff and saved in your cell phone – incase of any travel delays